Chef Zack Wangeman was born and raised in Oaxaca, Mexico. As a trained pastry chef, he has worked in world-renowned kitchens such as Per Se, El Celler de Can Roca (Voted World's Best Restaurant in 2013 + 2015), and The Restaurant at Meadowood.
After ten years of being away from home, Zack has begun a new quest to bring authentic, Oaxcan flavors to New York City in his first restaurant, SOBRE MASA.
In advance of his virtual class happening Sunday, January 24th at 5:00pm, Zack will send you a kit to create, one of our favorite moles from Oaxaca, Mole Almendrado, a traditional mole, heavily influenced by Spanish cuisine, with almonds, capers and olives.
Allow him to exhibit why he has an obsession with all Oaxacan flavors.
Kit Includes the following (makes 2 generous portions of Chilaquiles):
- 2 chicken legs and thighs
- Ingredients to make mole
- One dozen tortillas
- Pickled jalapeños and carrot
Due to delivery restrictions, this class will be available for New York City residents only.
How to Purchase:
- Select the number of orders you would like to purchase.
- For Delivery, please mark "Shipping" and then click the "Reserve Spot" button.
- For pick-up, please mark "Pick-Up." Packages can be picked up at Sobre Masa, 53 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11249.
In the comments, please provide your e-mail address so Zack can send you a zoom link.
We will deliver locally in New York City. Packages will ship the morning of Sunday, January 24th, in anticipation of Sunday's early evening class.