Chef Zack Wangeman was born and raised in Oaxaca, Mexico. As a trained pastry chef, he has worked in world-renowned kitchens such as Per Se, El Celler de Can Roca (Voted World's Best Restaurant in 2013 + 2015), and The Restaurant at Meadowood.
After ten years of being away from home, Zack has begun a new quest to bring authentic, Oaxcan flavors to New York City in his first restaurant, SOBRE MASA.
In advance of his virtual class happening Sunday, December 27th, at 4:00pm, Zack will send you a kit to build authentic Oaxacan tamales.
Allow him to exhibit why he has an obsession with tortillas and all things corn, and show you his true Oaxcan roots.
- Masa (Freshly ground heirloom masa)
- Mole Negro (Deeply complex sauce with over 15 ingredients including chiles, nuts and spices)
- Plantain leaves (Necessary for making the tamales)
- Lard (Pork lard that we render from heritage berkshire pigs)
- Chicken thighs
- Chicken Stock
- Mezcal Negroni Cocktail (Made with infused pasilla mixed chiles, campari and sweet vermouth)
Due to delivery restrictions, this class will be available for New York City residents only.
How to Purchase:
Select the number of orders you would like to purchase. Please mark "Shipping" and then click the "Reserve Spot" button.
In the comments, please provide your e-mail address so Zack can send you a zoom link.
We will deliver locally in New York City. Packages will ship the morning of Sunday, December 27th, in anticipation of Sunday's early evening class.