Founded by Madeline Dudek, a former chef at Gramercy Tavern and NYC high school teacher, A Plate of Mind strives to not only teach valuable and exciting cooking skills, but to boost the kitchen confidence of our rising chefs.
Perfect for any special night, enjoy a 2-hour cooking lesson taught by Madeline (either in the comfort of your own home or virtually). We will make a full meal (dinner & dessert) for two.
Classes are tailored to your specific interests and skill sets. Once purchased, consult with Madeline to decide on the type of cuisine you'd like to learn to make.
Examples include: seasonal American cuisine, homemade dumplings or pasta, vegetable focused meals, or even recreating dishes from your favorite restaurant. Madeline will make it happen!
- 2-Hour cooking class with Madeline at your home
- Cost of all ingredients for dinner & dessert
- Any special equipment Madeline needs to bring
Past Entrees Include:_
- Seared scallops with celery root purée, bacon and frisée
- Maple roasted delicata squash with pomegranate, radicchio, and whipped ricotta
- Apple, pear, and arugula salad with candied walnuts and goat cheese
- Butter poached shrimp with parsnip purée, kale, and toasted pepitas
- Sweet potato tortellini with brussels sprouts, sage, brown butter, and caramelized pecans
- Spicy feta tortellini with roasted peppers, eggplant, and chives
- Potato Gnocchi with spicy sausage, pesto cream, toasted pine nuts, and burst cherry tomatoes
- Seared beef with melting potatoes, crispy broccolini, and caramelized onion purée
- Arctic char with cherry scallion chutney, swiss chard, and crispy potatoes
- Roasted chicken with apple onion purée, crispy brussels sprouts and maple sweet potatoes
Past Desserts Include:_
- Cheesecake with lemon curd, grapes, and graham cracker crumble
- Dark chocolate Lava cakes with cherry sauce and ice cream
- Apple crisp with salted caramel and vanilla whipped cream
- Sticky toffee pudding with date caramel and vanilla bean ice cream
- Homemade cookie dough ice cream
- Ginger cherry galette with creme fraiche
- Blood orange upside down cake with creme anglaise
How to Book
1.) Reach out to Madeline directly via the contact button. Please include:
- Date (or range of dates) you are requesting
- Contact information
2.) Madeline will reach out to you directly to answer any questions and schedule a date/time for the event. Once a date and time has been determined, click on the "Reserve" button and enter your payment information. In the message section on the payment page, please include the following:
- Your Name
- Agreed Upon Date
- Location of Class
3.) When the payment has been completed, Madeline will be in touch with you to review all of the details of your special evening.